- Are you looking for a rewarding role where you can give back to the community?
- Join an expanding organisation helping disadvantaged people gain sustainable employment!
- Attractive salary up to $49,000, PLUS super and salary packaging options!
- Plenty of opportunity and room for career development across the Group!
About the Organisation
Community Solutions is a unique not for profit community service organisation, which recognises the significant and sustainable outcomes that can be achieved when the resources of communities, business, government and individuals are brought together to target issues of concern and opportunity in regional communities.
In 2009/2010, Community Solutions Inc merged with highly-respected and long-serving provider of disability employment services, Community Employment Options (CEO) Inc. Together with Community Assets Australia Ltd and the Community Capital Foundation, Community Solutions Inc and ComSol Enterprises form the Community Solutions Group.
The Community Solutions Group specialises in the provision of innovative services and essential community assets to individuals and regional communities which are disadvantaged and require benevolent relief.
With over 280 staff operating from 18 office sites from the Sunshine Coast to Townsville, the Group’s focus is working with individuals, families and communities within regional Queensland, Australia.
About the Opportunity
Community Solutions is currently seeking a full time Employment Consultant to join their dynamic team in Rockhampton, QLD.
Reporting to the Service Leader, you will be responsible for assisting and supporting job seekers and employers through individualised plans, and enabling eligible job seekers to participate in education or employment.
More specifically, some of your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Assisting all eligible job seekers by providing individually tailored assistance to develop pathways into sustainable employment;
- Developing plans in negotiation with job seekers that maintains a high level of engagement and contact, implements effective interventions and motivates job seekers to secure sustainable employment;
- Liaising with community, industry, government agencies and other complementary program providers in relation to the provision of a quality service to all job seekers;
- Understanding of, and committing to quality through compliance with the Disability Service Standards;
- Delivering a holistic service to clients which is reliable and of high quality, and building, applying and maintaining a high knowledge of contractual requirements and operation through regular review of DEEWR learning tools and JOB futures support tools;
- Achieving required training and completion of other relevant training as identified; and
- Achieving individual performance targets and goals.
To be considered, you will possess the demonstrated ability and skills needed to deliver Disability Employment Services in order to help all eligible job seekers, by providing individually tailored assistance to develop pathways into sustainable employment.
As such, you will need a high level of interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills, including the capacity to work collaboratively as a member of a team, to build linkages and work cooperatively with other stakeholders, and to build linkages with employers to understand and meet their skills and labour needs.
The successful applicant will also possess well developed time management and organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise workloads, and strong IT and administration skills, including the demonstrated ability to prepare employment application documents.
In addition, you should have a demonstrated understanding of and commitment to quality through compliance with the Disability Service Standards, and the ability to thoroughly understand and meet, or the ability to rapidly acquire the knowledge of and meet, the contractual requirements of the Disability Employment Service Deed including the DEEWR Code of Practice and Service Guarantees.
Ideally, you will possess an understanding of the needs of people with disabilities, injuries or conditions, and relevant qualifications such as a Certificate IV in Disability Services, Welfare, Youth Work or Mental Health Studies.
Previous experience working with standards (including the Disability Service Standards) and/or the Privacy Principles, a Certificate IV in Employment Services, and experience in employment services including Personal Support Program, DEN or a similar position in VRS will be highly desirable.
Although not essential, experience in a Case Management environment, recruitment experience, group facilitation and/or training experience, and experience working within a compliance framework will also all be well regarded.
To be successful, you will need the ability to obtain a Blue Card and undergo a Federal Police Check. A current QLD driver's licence is also required.
If you're looking for a role where you can really give back to the community and make a difference in people's lives - this is the opportunity for you!
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will enjoy an attractive salary of up to $49,000 (commensurate with experience and qualifications) PLUS super. You will also receive salary packaging options to significantly increase the value of your take-home pay!
Enjoy a great work/life balance with flexible hours available to suit your lifestyle while you work in a friendly and supportive team! As part of a growing organisation, there is also plenty of opportunity and room for career development across the Group.
Experience true job satisfaction in this highly rewarding role, don't miss out - Apply Now!